Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Goal: 20 Kanji Today

Think I can do it? I mean, kanji that I have never studied before/can't recognize if I see it.

I'll let you know, plus which ones they were.

Note, two days later: I did a lot more than 20 kanji. On my iPad I have now recorded about 70 kanji (which means I researched them, wrote them out and put each on its own page with comments).

Those were all from the 2nd Year of Kokugo (Japanese language) that all Japanese kids have to do. The total for year 2 is 160 kanji. I already know the 80 from the first year, so I'm not bothering to record them. But that means I'm up to about 140 kanji, of about which I can actually write from memory about half that, plus read all from memory, plus know probably 90% of all their Onyomis (Chinese readings used in compound words) and probably 100% of the Kunyomis (the Japanese readings and pronunciations -- probably 50% of which are verbs or adjectival verbs.

When I get a chance, I will assemble the entire list and post it, so you will know what is theoretically POSSIBLE for one person to learn in a specific timeframe, which should give you a pretty good guide as to how much you can expect to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment