Thursday, October 17, 2013

One Thousand Japanese Fonts!

Yes, I went ahead and bought a CD off eBay of 1,000-odd Japanese fonts. They seem to be a mixture of TrueType and OpenType fonts, but the most important thing is that most of them installed very happily onto my MacBook Pro running OS 10.8.5!

Yay! Here's a quick and dirty sample . . . I just typed up one sentence and then selected fonts somewhat at random from among the hundreds and hundreds that appeared in my font list. There were a couple of really amazing ones (one I've boxed in light blue; it's the top line in the right-hand column).

I will henceforth never be at a loss if I want to create some dynamic new graphic involving Japanese fonts!

Incidentally, if you want these fonts, just let me know. I'm sure I can post a zipped version to my server or just send a file by email.

Right click to open this in a new window so you can zoom in!

No comments:

Post a Comment